How can my physical therapist help me?
Your physical therapist can help you restore and improve your motion to achieve long-term quality of life, in many cases without surgery or prescription medication. Because physical therapists receive specialized education in a variety of sciences – physics, human anatomy, kinesiology (human movement), to name a few – they understand how the body works and how to get you moving again. They know how to manage all four of the body’s major systems – musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular/pulmonary, and integumentary (skin) – to restore and improve motion.
Please visit www.moveforwardpt.com for more information about how physical therapy can bring motion to your life.
What can I expect from my physical therapist?
Your physical therapist will examine you and develop a plan of care using a variety of treatment techniques that can help you restore movement, reduce pain, regain function, and prevent disability. Your physical therapist can also help prevent loss of mobility and motion by developing a fitness and wellness-oriented program tailored to your specific needs. In Maryland, you can make an appointment with a physical therapist directly, without a physician referral.
What makes Seneca PT and Wellness so much different than other PT clinics?
- Seneca Physical Therapy and Wellness has over 23 years of experience serving our patients. During this long and established history, we have become the referral of choice for many area physicians.
- Each of our therapists treats one patient per hour. Therefore:
- We are not as rushed as the typical in-network clinic that is forced to see more patients per hour to generate enough revenue to cover their costs.
- We are able to make medical care decisions based on your individual needs, not care dictated by your insurance.
- We are able to integrate prevention, rehabilitation, and long-term fitness to maximize your quality of life and reduce your risk for life-altering medical conditions.
- We do not employ a template approach to care in order to meet time constraints.
- All of our therapists are Doctors of Physical Therapy so you can be assured of getting the most up-to-date care from each of us. We also are Board Certified in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and/or are Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists.
- Seneca PT received the greatest number of positive comments in the Neighbor to Neighbor section of the Washington Consumers Checkbook, (www.checkbook.org), when compared to other individual physical therapy clinics.
- Our wellness program has received the Washington Consumers Checkbook top rating for quality with 93% of customers rating us “superior for overall value for your money”. This was higher than any other comparable program within a 75 mile radius.
- See what our patients have said about how we differ from other clinics at the testimonials page.
- We’ve all been in a healthcare provider’s office and had to wait up to an hour (or more) before we’re seen. This is annoying and a waste of your valuable time. At Seneca, because we’re not in a “rushed” environment, we are able to get you started within minutes of your arrival.
My doctor (or insurance company) directed me someplace else; can I still come to you?
Yes!! Access to specific physical therapists cannot be limited by physicians or insurance companies. You always have the option to go to the therapist or clinic that you feel will best fit your needs.