Wellness Center Hours:
Mon – Fri 7:00a.m. – 8:00p.m.
Sat 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Our Wellness Center uses the physical therapy knowledge and approach to injury prevention in the arena of fitness and general wellness, making exercise much safer and more effective for our clients. Whether you come in as a client or start as a patient, you get the benefit of having a physical therapy perspective to better help you reach your fitness goals.
Seneca does not require long-term contracts. In fact, we don’t even offer them. Clients join on a monthly basis and when they notice their progress, they continue to come back.
Initial Consult Includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation of your medical history.
- Meeting with our exercise physiologist to discuss your medical needs and personal goals.
- Three one-to-one training sessions with an exercise physiologist to teach you your exercises which are based on your needs and goals.
Monthly Fee Includes:
- Evaluation and updates of your program every eight weeks.
- Monitoring by our exercise physiologist.
- Use of the facility during business hours, Monday through Saturday.
- Rehab Equipment Unique to Seneca Wellness
- Weight Machines, Dumbbells, Cuff Weights, Bars & Bands/Tubes
- Bikes (recumbent, upper body & upright)
- Treadmills, Ellipticals and Stepper
- Nustep, Wii, and Whole Body Vibration Machine
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click the questions below for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Seneca PT and Wellness has served our patient and member population for over 21 years. The Wellness aspect of the company has been in existence for over 15 years. During this long and established history, we have become the referral choice for many area physicians.
- We are focused on the continuum of care from impairment to full health and fitness. Because we integrate our wellness programs into your therapy experience, we both enhance your health for a lifetime and help you reduce costs.
- Our wellness program has received the Washington Consumers Checkbook ✔ top rating for quality with 93% of customers rating us “superior for overall value for your money”. This was higher than any other comparable program within a 75 mile radius.
- Take a look at the testimonials page to see what our members have said about our staff and gym.
- Each of our staff has an educational background in the field of exercise science. They are exercise specialists with certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association. They may also be certified personal trainers through the American Council on Exercise or the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
- Our focus is on the individual, not on how many members we can get to join. Therefore, we limit our membership to 400. We want to start our members exercising, teach them the fundamentals and importance of exercising, but more importantly, have them develop and maintain a consistent exercise routine.
- We set up exercises based on your individual needs and teach you how to do the exercises. We don’t show you how to use each piece of equipment and then hope you don’t come back. We want you to understand how and why we chose a certain routine for you. We want you to be safe and comfortable at all times.
- We work with you one on one every eight weeks to progress your exercises to help you meet your goals and to give your body new challenges.
- We’ve all been in gyms where no one says hello or is even around when you need help with an exercise or a piece of equipment. We always have at least one (usually more) qualified staff member here who can help the members exercising. We encourage individuals to ask questions and seek help when there is a concern – we want to help you be a healthier you.
- After our initial consult, we will provide you with a specific exercise program to continue your rehabilitation if needed and meet any other goals you may have. We do not employ a template approach in setting up our member’s routine – it is individualized to you and your body.
- Our approach integrates prevention, rehabilitation and long-term fitness to support health for your lifetime and reduce your risk for life altering medical conditions.
- Our focus is on you. We want to help you maximize your health potential, whether it is walking, running, returning to competition, improving balance, losing weight or just toning up.
No. Insurance companies do not see exercise as a medical necessity. Even when your physician has prescribed exercise for a particular issue, the insurance companies will not cover the costs.
Both ACSM and NSCA certifications are the highest level of certifications available in the field of exercise science. They are only available to individuals with a degree in the exercise science or medical fields.
- ACSM = American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM is the “gold standard” in the field of exercise science. The American Heart Association has recently joined with ACSM to set new standards for exercise. Certification through ACSM is geared more toward medical health and special populations with issues such as diabetes and osteoporosis.
- NSCA = National Strength & Conditioning Association is viewed by many as the leading authority for sports conditioning and exercise.
- ACE = American Council on Exercise. ACE is the world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization. It is another highly recognized standard for fitness certification.
- NASM = National Academy of Sports Medicine. NASM is the global leader in personal training certification.
Some company flexible spending accounts do cover fitness or wellness memberships, but you will need to check with them to see if they will cover some, or all, of the costs. You pay us your monthly fees and your FSA reimburses you. We can provide you with payment documentation for your FSA.
We spend just as much time with each additional family member as the first family member. We are not about being a big facility – we want to stay small. As a result, some of the discounts are not available as in big gyms. What you are paying for is the expertise of our staff, the availability of the facility & the opportunity to have your program adjusted and progressed every 8 weeks. How many gyms include that in their costs? If they did, their costs would be much higher.
We value and respect the effort and hard work of our staff and feel it is important to show that by making sure there is one day they can have to themselves to do something other than think about work. We want to give them a day that is all their own to visit with friends and family, worship if they so choose, go out of town or enjoy sporting events. It is also part of our Core Values: We believe patient care is best delivered in a friendly atmosphere where caring for patients and staff is more important than the bottom line.
We are open Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. We are a small business with big hearts. We want to be able to give as many hours as we can to make exercising more accessible to our members. However, being a small business we have to make choices and one of those choices is to make sure we have qualified people scheduled during our open hours. Your health is too important to us.
Once you’ve downloaded and completed the wellness forms, bring them into the Wellness Center and get started on your fitness plan.